Medicinal Mushroom Information
World Mushroom Society
World Mushroom Society is a collective of fungi enthusiasts and health advocates, sharing information and identifying top producers of high quality medicinal mushroom supplements. This website provides information to advocate and educate the integration of medicinal mushrooms into everyday life to improve health and wellness.
Our team of authors and contributors reside across the globe – specialising in mycology, agronomy, environmental science, neuroscience, molecular biology and general health.
We are not a traditional society or club.
To provide clear and concise, research-based information on medicinal mushrooms.
Acknowledgement of Indigenous Cultures
We acknowledge the traditional owners and custodians of the lands on which we work and pay our respects to Indigenous Elders of past, present and emerging.
Meet the Global Team
Authors & Contributors
Jason discovered the benefits of medicinal mushrooms after suffering from severe iatrogenic illness. For 5 years he battled constant ripped and infected skin, hair loss, inability to thermoregulate, food intolerances, insomnia, chronic fatigue, pain, depression, anxiety and UV sensitivity.
Traditional Chinese Medicine and medicinal mushrooms helped restore his health back to homeostasis, and sparked the genesis and his obsession with medicinal mushrooms, and the history and future of Eastern medicine.
Dr Sony Sherpa
Registered Health Medical Practitioner, Author, Contributor
- Guangzhou Medical University – Bachelor of Medicine, Bachelor of Surgery (MBBS)
- M.A in Holistic Medicine
- Featured source on medical, health and wellness topics on websites such as Medical News Today, MindBodyGreen, WebMD, and Yahoo!
Timothee Mendez Reneau
Environmental Science and Mycology Researcher, Author, Contributor
Mexico City, Mexico
- Humboldt State University Bachelor of Science (B.S.), Environmental Science with focus on Ecological Restoration.
Timothee was the president of the Mycology Club at Humboldt State University. This is a world renowned mushroom mecca where you can go foraging for mushrooms any time of the year.
Agronomist, Digital Agriculture Specialist, Author, Contributor
- Universidad Politécnica de Cartagena – Biochemistry
- Escola Superior de Educação de Coimbra – Biochemistry and Animal production
- Goce Delcev University of Štip – Bachelor of Applied Science (BASc), Phytopathology
Dr Marissa Seamon (PhD)
Doctor of Neuroscience, Author, Contributor
- Medical College of Georgia – Doctor of Philosophy (PhD), Neuroscience
- Coe College – Bachelor of Arts (BA), Psychology and Neuroscience
Dr Buddhini Dolaphilla
Medical Doctor, Author, Contributor
Colombo, Sri Lanka
- University of Colombo – Bachelor of Medicine, Bachelor of Surgery (MBBS), Faculty of medicine
Dr Vera Chayeb (PhD)
Genetics Expert, Author, Contributor
- Université de Carthage – Doctor of Philosophy (PhD), Biological Sciences
- Superior Institute of Biotechnology of Monastir (ISBM) – TunisiaMaster’s degree, Genetics and Biodiversity
- Superior Institute of Biotechnology of Monastir (ISBM) – TunisiaBachelor’s degree, Medical Biotechnology
Dr Abdullah Ahmad (PhD)
Molecular Biologist, Biotechnologist, Author, Contributor
- Graduate University of the Chinese Academy of Sciences– Doctor of Philosophy (PhD), Molecular Biology and Biochemistry 2021-2025 (expected)
The information on this website is NOT intended to diagnose, treat, cure or prevent any disease. All information found here is not meant as a substitute for, or alternative to, information from your doctor for ongoing medical treatment you currently receive. If unsure, please consult with your doctor before using medicinal mushrooms. Any content related to cancer should NOT be considered as prescriptive medical advice and should not be a substitute for any cancer treatment, unless advised by your doctor first. If you are pregnant or on prescription drugs that thin the blood, consult with your medical professional before using medicinal mushrooms.